Thursday, April 3, 2008

SoFoBoMo - First shots and research



I took my first set of shots yesterday. The first thing that went wrong was... I forgot to bring any of my zoom lenses. All I had on me was my low light kit 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4 and 85mm 1.8 prime lenses. I stayed with the 30mm.

I shot for about 30 min, ate lunch in the car on the way over from work. 15 min to get there for a total of 30 min drive time. It fits into a lunch hour well.

I may have one keeper shot from this session, but I will reserve that decision for later in the process.

Meanwhile I have begun to research the artist and the works I'm photographing:
Wiki Page for the B. Gerald Cantor Center for Visual Arts
Musee Rodin
Rodin Wikipedia
Rodin Web

Pictured above is "The Martyr", part of "The gates of hell" but removed from that context and displayed larger and on it's own. It seems that much of the work from Rodin, done is his later period, springs from "The gates of hell".

As Mr. Spock would say ... "Fascinating...."

No comments: