Tuesday, April 1, 2008

SoFoBoMo Day 1



I made the decision to do it yesterday, I have my subject picked out:
The Rodin collection at Stanford University

I created a blog to document the process:
dbwalker.blogspot.com

Now I'm looking at how to put together the book. I use Aperture for my workflow needs, Aperture has some crude book layout capability built in. You can position the photos on a page and output to a PDF.

The text layout and editing capabilities leave me a bit cold though, so I may do further editing in Illustrator.

As for a dimensions, I have selected: 16:9 ....

I have no illusions that I wlll actually print this book. So the target viewing platform is my computer, or my TV. Both of these are wide screen so 16:9 will take advantage of the real estate offered by both devices.

For more info go to:
photomusings.wordpress.com/2008/01/18/solo-photo-book-month/

No comments: