Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Child like

Child likeThis is a photograph of my daughters artwork hanging on the fridge, long exposure with camera motion and out of focus.

It is one of the 200 shots I took on sunday, of which none were very successful. The ones that worked were the family snaps. Family snaps are easy to make work, the audience is small and easy to please.

On the other hand, pleasing myself is a far more dificult a task.

I only shot 50 frames yesterday, and skipped the studio altogether. However, in a glass half full view, I shot 50 frames and got some rest.

I listened to the Radiant Vista podcast on "The myth of talent", the basic premise is that there is no such thing as a gifted person, just a person that has put the work in and has the passion and focus to sustain interest in a subject long enough to engage the conscious and sub conscious mind in the act of performing the task.

I agree, more over I can attest to the fact that it is true. I invested many hours of my teen years into playing guitar and now have a connection with it that is quite deep. Now I'm trying to get to a similar connection with photography.

Practice, practice and practice.....

No comments: