Friday, April 18, 2008

SoFoBoMo Book 2, Neon, but first the internal editor and book one....

But .... must focus ... finish book 1.

And, it's not going well, so book 2 may not be in the cards for the fuzzy month. Right now I'm stuck in a space where my internal editor is yelling at me. Nothing I'm shooting seems to be good enough for her. The main complaints seem to center around:

  • Technical issues (blown highs, blocked lows, depth of field ...)
  • Matters of style and being consistently wishy washy about which style is right for the project
  • And qualifications, "You're not qualified to do this, you are not a photographer! You don't have an MFA!" she says.
I go through this a lot with music, and have had many recording sessions that sit on the shelf for many of the same reasons.

I just have to remember....
"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me."

No comments: